Introducing the Diet Recovery and Sensible Weight Loss Online Coaching Program…
**REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED UNTIL SUMMER 2014**
.. Hey, Sean Flanagan here 🙂
Are you looking to lose body fat – but want to make sure you approach it in a way that is first and foremost HEALTH-focused so it doesn’t set you up for long term failure?
Are you frustrated with all the diet hype and confused about what to do?
Or has your history of restrictive dieting brought you to a place where you no longer feel like you have control over your waistline (let alone your general feeling of well being)?
If you answered “yes” to either one of those questions, you may be just the person that my online coaching program has been crafted for.
My Diet Recovery and Sensible Weight Loss program is focused on protecting or improving your metabolic health on your quest towards shaping your body in the way that you personally prefer.
For some people, this will just include returning to a reasonable foundation after long bouts of harmful dieting practices.
For others, we’ll be able to go straight into shedding body fat while making sure we don’t sacrifice your metabolic foundation… meaning we’re in it for the long haul. I don’t want you to lose 50 lbs in 5 months in my program – and then have you gain it back along with another 50 in the next year.
Instead, let’s do it right.
Get the Support, Guidance, and Clarity you need as a member of my “Inner Circle”.
This program is about providing support to make the changes that YOU want to make, cultivating your ability to make the best decisions FOR YOURSELF. It’s not about someone else forcing you to abide by the rules of one diet or another. It’s about YOU.
Everyone is at a different point in their process. Some people are trying to free themselves from the shackles and effects of overly restrictive dieting on their psychology and physiology – whereas other people can focus ‘simply’ on shedding fat pounds right away. Many others are in a “shade of grey” somewhere in between.
That’s why this program is a) non-dogmatic and b) focused on the individual. You’re at a certain point in your nutritional journey and probably have some changes you’re looking to make – it’s my job to support you, help give you clarity, and offer a course-correction if I think you’re setting yourself up for any pitfalls.
This isn’t about dieting. This isn’t about mandating that you play a game of dietary “follow the leader” and try to copy my own diet or someone else’s. It’s about making simple changes that can potentially make a big difference for you – and providing you with the supportive atmosphere, which can be tough to find elsewhere.
Where Do Other Programs Go Wrong?
Programs based on extreme restriction tend to work…until they don’t. And that’s when you’re lucky to come out unscathed from the whole process.
Some strategies help you lose weight by removing “evil” foods or foods groups – essentially trying to scare the weight off of you. If you believe that extremely common foods or a long list of foods are pure poison, you’re probably going to end up accidentally reducing your calories in the short term. This type of vilification of foods often sets the stage for or amplifies already present disordered relationships with eating.
Other times, weight loss happens so fast it sets the stage for a swift and frustrating RE-gain.
And then other times, there is the slow and persistent loss of wellbeing that creeps up on you… so maybe you’re near or even at your goal weight, but you feel miserable.
I will help you:
- Learn to use food as a tool to accomplish your goals – while keeping it as a normal and healthy source of pleasure. We don’t need to shun dozens of foods or your favorite foods – we just need to take into consideration the overall context of your diet, exercise, and lifestyle.
- Determine your ideal course-of-action right now by carefully monitoring how your body is responding on a metabolic level to the things you are doing.
- Get rid of limiting and conflicting beliefs that you have surrounding health and nutrition so you can feel like a weight has come off your shoulders.
- Identify what eating strategies or exercise approaches are helping you for long term success or setting you up for failure.
- Learn how to make eating nutritiously legitimately enjoyable – not a chore.
- Enhance your critical thinking skills so that you are less susceptible for falling victim to BS health and fitness claims.
- Seek out maximum nutrition so you can nourish yourself – rather than depriving yourself.
- Troubleshoot how to handle the practical challenges you’re facing so you can maximize your forward momentum.
- Determine what changes are higher priorities – and what changes can probably wait.
- Have more confidence in your food choices so you can enjoy your food and stress less.
How You’ll Benefit from This Program:
This program is intended to give you the educational and mindset foundation for healthy weight loss and/or free yourself from the consequences of your previous restrictive dieting methods. You’ll discover how to find balance – learning how to increase the benefits you get from your nutrition without needing to obsess and be worried about doing things “perfectly”.
You’ll be able to watch your shape change before your eyes a little bit every week and feel your jeans get looser and looser. All the while, you’re still enjoying your favorite foods (ice cream, anyone?) and be able to keep your life fun and rewarding… you don’t need to (and shouldn’t) be the party pooping dieter, sucking the energy out of the room with worrying about calorie counts of foods or asking, “There isn’t any sugar in that, is there?”.
You’ll also learn how to LISTEN to your cravings so you can benefit from them – rather than just try to shut them up (and get into a downward spiral of restrict-binge-restrict-binge).
Chronic dieters, as they implement my guidance, often report other cool improvements in daily quality of life – a clearing in brain fog as well as less erratic ups and downs in mood, improved digestion, more steady energy and being more refreshed after each night of sleep.
As part of this program, you’ll receive help through a variety of mediums:
- Access to an exclusive email series for members only. (Topics include how to address cravings, supporting your metabolism, improving your hormone health, dietary fine-tuning for success, and more)
- 24/7 Access to a Private Facebook Support Group (Visible to only you, me, and the other members of your membership group)
- Unlimited questions answered inside the private Facebook group
- At least 3 group conference calls over the 5 month coaching period. Generally these are scheduled for Saturdays 8pm ET/5pm PT and Sundays 11am ET/8am PT so that no matter where you are, you can join us.
- A hug when you need one -virtually of course….
- …And last but not least, 1-on-1 private email coaching support to address things as YOU need it. I don’t want you to slip through the cracks and have your unique challenges go unaddressed – I want to help you in every way I realistically can in this program. More on that below…
One of the most powerful components of this program is 1-on-1 coaching support to address any of your challenges and answer any questions related to attaining success. You have my pledge that the coaching will be:
Personalized: I’ll be looking at your individual circumstances, your food journal, your challenges, your stress level and personality, your achievements … YOUR journey.
Biweekly: We can communicate privately every other weekend through the private email address I will give you. You send over your 1-2 most important questions or challenges, and I respond with specific feedback and suggestions. Then you implement the changes and we can move on to next thing that you want to accomplish. Small changes over time add up BIG TIME. This program allows for you to submit new questions every other week privately via email – and if you do not have a specific question, I can look at your food journal and we can use that as a conversation starter.
Comprehensive: We’ll be thorough and YOU set the ‘curriculum’. We’ll discuss whatever is most important to you and work on solutions together.
Honest: You’ll always get my sincere and direct feedback. No bullshit. Sometimes you might not like what I have to say. I won’t give flowery praise for it’s own sake and risk having you continue down a harmful path. When you’re on the up-and-up, I’ll encourage behaviors that are beneficial for your success. But I’ll also nip any self-destruction in the bud if I need to and get you pointed immediately in the right direction.
Even if you don’t take full advantage of the email component of this program, you’ll still get a lot of value from the program. If you get a ton of help from me and the others in the Facebook group and through the email series, I’m happy. This program is specifically designed so that even if someone only uses a component or two of the program, they still get the tools they need for success. Just remember that through the entire program, the door will always be open for you to reach out privately via email.
Here’s How The Program Works:
- You sign up for the specified start date down below.
- On the official start day – the Tuesday of the first week – you and the rest of your group will receive an email with the info on my private email address designated for this program and a link to your private Facebook group.
- On the second Friday, you are encouraged to email me at that private email address and initiate a coaching dialogue.
- You’ll go post a short introduction at the Facebook group so you can break the ice with the other members. Discussion can begin RIGHT AWAY once you’re in.
- You keep a close eye out for course content in your email inbox and for discussions in the Facebook group. The more you engage, the better.
- Every other Friday you’re encouraged to email me to check-in with your challenges and accomplishments for the previous 2 weeks. At this time, you can submit your food journal to act as a conversation starter and/or as a tool to help me figure out how we could tweak things in a more favorable direction for you.
- All 1-on-1 email correspondences for this program on my part will be specifically designated to the weekend. Participation in the Facebook group is unlimited – and I generally respond to posts within just a couple hours.
- You get direct and clear feedback on what next steps you should take as well as the social support and accountability you need!
6 Signs That This Program Might Be a Perfect Fit for You:
- You’re not under serious medical care – but feel you’ve got some room for improving your health (like improving your energy levels and mental clarity)
- You are sick of feeling stuck in your body, and want things to finally start going your way.
- You need accountability and social support to keep you on the path to success.
- You are self-motivated and have the drive to make changes, you just aren’t sure where to start.
- You know the value of personal attention and guidance – and want to benefit from it.
- You realize the habits you’ll form over you months of coaching will serve you for the rest of your life – not merely the months we work together.
This Program Might Not Be Right for You if…
- Weight is BY FAR your #1 concern and you’re willing to damage your health in your quest for a specific look.
- You are looking for support with a specific medical condition.
- You’re looking to follow a diet program rather than empower yourself.
- You have a hard time reaching out to others and asking questions (this program has a strong self-motivated social component)
- You’re currently battling with an eating disorder and would be better served by working with your medical team (along with a dietician)
- You’re easily offended by ‘colorful’ language.
What Others Are Saying About This Program:
“This has been an amazing experience for so many reasons. For the first time in a long time I feel confident about myself and fueling my body! I’m still learning & appreciate Sean’s coaching/ mentoring style! Knowledge is power & the support of the other women is key! I am thankful for this program!” – Amy Marson; North Carolina
“Sean is great and is spot on to answer any questions you may have, the members are great too, it is fun to share ideas and recipes! Everyone is at different levels and helps you very much, no question is a dumb question!“ – Yvonne Lewicki; Wisconsin
“I come from a background of years of binge eating, restricting, and trying every single diet out there. I found Sean thru Go Kaleo, and started his plan about four months ago. I was coming off regaining all the weight I had lost from “eating clean” and Weight Watchers. None of the plans I had tried had truly helped me change my mindset about food, it was more of teaching me to either not eat certain foods because they are “making me fat” or to restrict to a very low caloric intake to drop the lbs. When I started Sean’s plan, he didn’t give me a list of things to eat and to not eat. He didn’t tell me how much weight he thought I needed to lose, or how fast he could help me lose it. He helped me understand that I needed, first and foremost, to be concerned with my emotional and mental attitudes towards food/hunger/exercise, and move forward from that point.
Fast forward nearly four months later, and I have had VERY few binges (and nowhere near the level of the past), I have stopped gaining weight, and even lost a couple of lbs. Most importantly, I have started to slowly NOT hate my reflection in the mirror, I am eating at a caloric level to support my daily life, and slowly starting to lose fat. If you want to really change your mindset about dieting, and/or lose fat in a sensible manner, I suggest talking to Sean.” -Scarlet Doherty; Destin, FL
“I really enjoyed working with Sean through his coaching program. I really feel like more than anything it has put me on a path to clearer thinking and better health. I really enjoyed having Sean as a guide to help me question all the “diet rules” I have been working with and believing as fact through all of these years and learn more about what the science really says and what works best for me. Sean was helpful with suggestions in how I find my own way to health – what to look at , what to try, etc in ways that I can manage with out being obsessive or feeling overly restrictive.
My measurements didn’t start to shift until the very end of the program but I don’t care. My motivation for joining was not to hope to find another magic bullet to help me lose all this weight overnight. It was to stop feeling like I was insane with food, to learn to stop looking for that magic plan and to learn more about what works best for me as well as discover some new tools to use. I got all of that from this program. The support of the group was very helpful as well. Great to be a part of a group of people who know there has to be a better way and want to learn and grow together.
Thanks much for everything!!!” – Kara Silva; Richmond, VA Crossfit coach and former paleo addict
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: What’s covered in this program? Nutrition or training?
A: It covers both – more of an emphasis on nutrition and the interplay between exercise and nutrition, i.e., overall strategy rather than specific exercise prescriptions. I modify the ‘curriculum’ for each group, so it can go as deep into exercise as it needs to – just for practical reasons, individual exercise program design will not be included. (A discount also becomes available for online coaching clients to purchase my Fit Body Blueprint for Women program at approximately half off).
Q: Are you going to tell me what to eat?
A: Hell no. I’m going to help you understand how to use food (and other components of your lifestyle) to help you reach your goals. It would be foolish in a program based on freeing you from Diets for me to put you on the “Sean Flanagan Diet”. You’ll understand the principles that are pertinent to your success and from there you will build your own ‘diet’ around you preferences and tolerances – that’s the key to sustainability.
Q: What goes on in the group coaching calls?
A: Sometimes I have specific topics I want to cover for the group in brief talks, but generally we keep things purely interactive. Basically, any area of confusion or challenge you’re having, I help you troubleshoot it. Likewise, questions others have provide you the opportunity to hear answers to questions you didn’t even know you have. These calls are very thorough, informative, and fun.
Q: I’m not from the United States. Can I still join?
A: Absolutely. With each group, we get people from all over the world.
Q: What if I want to get more 1-on-1 support?
A: This is absolutely an optional add-on, but I make my 1-on-1 phone coaching available for group members at a discounted rate and that service becomes available without any additional contracts. In other words, we can do as few or as many 1-on-1 calls as you need to. Early on in the email series, you’ll get info on 1-on-1 coaching. I generally recommend waiting until you’re at least 3 weeks into the group program to start 1-on-1 coaching.
Q: What happens after I sign up?
A: Within 24 hours of signing up, I’m going to reach out to you so you have my email address and can ask me any pertinent questions. I’ll then add your info address to the email list of members so that you’ll start receiving all of the group emails starting on Tuesday January 14th. And then the entire process will unfold 🙂
Space is Limited – Enroll Today!
I am limiting membership to the Diet Recovery and Sensible Weight Loss program to just 40 participants so that everyone gets the attention they deserve. As such, I encourage you to enroll ASAP. This program will run 5 months (22 weeks). You’ll have access to the private Facebook group and start receiving emails on January 14th and we’ll go until June 15th. Give me just 5 months of your full commitment, and I promise it will change you for the better.
Registration is closing Friday night at 11:00pm Eastern Standard Time (unless spaces fill up sooner – in which case the sign up boxes below will be de-activated). Don’t miss out. Click one of the buttons below to sign up.
5 Monthly Installments of
Disclaimer: I am not a medical practitioner and cannot offer advice on specific medical conditions. The coaching I offer is not intended to be used as medical advice and it is not intended to be used to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease, nor should it be used as a substitute for your own health professional’s advice. Please consult your doctor before starting any lifestyle change if necessary.